.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Have to acknowledge the help of the two people i really hate ;) being in my life now - Alba & Bundi - for doing a gerat job with my blog! Hurrah to you guys!!!

Watched Bruce Almighty today. not what i expected. i mean, I know a lot of people love Jim Carey, but his brand of comedy is just too much for me. I have watched the Truman Show, though which I found to be a great movie. Anyway, it's such a great movie. nope no spoilers ehre. Watch it if you wanna know what it's all about.

At the same time, I found out the meaning of "checking out" someone from Alba, which was really an interesting conversation. Lol. Try talking about "checking out" someone the Pol Eco way - with the Philoisophy and Political analysis in place... now THAT's one heck of a headache! ;) In fairness, though, I think it made up for an otherwise long wait!

Got off the phone with a friend just now. And I had to spill on how my interest in someone is, i an now certain, genuine and not just me going with the MILE HIGH CLUB. Talk about Romanticism in the post-modern age! I was talking about acknowledging that I really like this guy and she was talking about "being in love". Heck1 I only know the guy for more than a year and SHE's talking about love?! What the heck! I am not some measly Ophelia who falls for some idiot of a Hamlet whose only purpose in life is to "leave a mark" worth his name! Not that I'm calling him hamlet, but you get my drift. I can certainly tell that I AM interested, but who the heck talks about "love" (eeewwww!!! puke puke puke!!!!) in this century?! Don't get me wrong. I would vote for love anywhere anytime, but puhleeaaaazzzeee! iw asn't most born last century where women think that every man they come across with is the love fo their life.

Sides... who knows? I may be or I may not be. Too soon to tell, if you ask me. And the thought gives me creeps - not because of the person involved, but because... duh?! I'm only talking about interest and here's this person talking about love. some people are really plainly hopelessly romantic!

Btw, no matter what other people say, I love How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days. Would ahve wished the girl was someone else within the realms of Sandra Bullock or Julia Roberts - now THAT would ahve been funnier! but all in all - with the exception of the main character writing a piece on "How to have PEACE inTajikistan" - which is totally bogus since no one really writes a paper with sense when you're talking abvout solving "peace" problems around the world - problem sugar coated with political agendas... I mean, come on! SUCH an article would be appreciated if it's possible to write it and expect it to have good and tangible insights as well as measurable variables, which does NOT happen. At the same time, the articler is not THE political article the main characterwould write if she were a erally great journalist/writer. But heck, i loved the movie. 'Nuf said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home