.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Thursday, November 13, 2003

Kapeng Malamig

translated: Cold Coffee

we went to the critics' night for this play to be held at St. Scholastica Manila. It was a great script. Man, I cannot tell you how amazing this particular scene was. They were showing a bed scene where the actor was doing a monologue while a girl lay beside him. they were standing against the black background of the stage. It was perfectly executed - with the proper blending of writing, props, and acting! The spotlight was at an angle that gives you an aerial view of the scene! by god did the director do good!

It was a great play with a few lose ends to tie up. I gave my comments that hopefully would help improve the whole play. At the start of the commentary session, there was this theater professor who did not even bother to congratulate the performers and the whole production crew. He just blurted out on how the whole thing was illogical and whatnot. He was correct in some cases - logic plays an important part of theater, everything you do on stage has to have a purpose, the acting skills and lines of particular characters needed improvement, etc., etc. What irked me was the callous delivery of his criticism. He was nasty, cruel, shameful, and down right uncaring malicious.

so i prodded my friend to give hers to raise the spirits of the downcast production people and actors. i hope our delivery was more constructive that his.

i had so much fun reliving my theater experience again. it reminded me of the countless productions i've written and directed. by the way, they had too much stuff on the stage and they weren't able to maximize it.

hmmm... maybe it's just my predilection to minimalism. what do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home