.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Stress Relief

After stressing on whether or not the barong would fit, I finally got my answer. The barong arrived on 29 August 2005 at 8:30am EST. It wasn't signed. I don't know why they didn't require a signature. I was afraid that someone may have gotten it if they left it at the door.

Luckily, I was informed that it arrived earlier than he did - since he went to his brother's for the weekend and visited the family and the new baby. :) He told me it fits! But then, he was wary about the length.

The first thought that came to my mind was to ask him to ask his friend who knows about barongs to go and check it out to verify if it IS too long or not. Then, I remembred the website where I got the pictures, downloaded them and sent it to him so he could compare and check out if the barong fits him or if it's still too big.

So I got an email today telling me that based on the pictures, the barong is the right size for him. And then he told me that he saw some of the pictures buttoning up the barong until the collar, but feels funny about: 1) the barong being long coz he's not used to such a long shirt; and 2) not wearing a tie. I can't imagine anyone wearing a tie with his barong. LOL

Oh and I'm expecting another package. Good thing I wasn't informed about it until now, I would have stressed about it too. www.theupsstore.com tells me it's supposed to arrive on 1 September 2005. Such a long wait! Now i'm wondering once again why it wasn't sent through Global Express of USPS since it takes lesser time than UPS - and it should be less expensive. I think UPS is doing a con job by letting the ones using Mail Boxes Etc. use their service instead of Global Express. hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home