.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Best Friends

So my best friend lives all the way in NJ since January 2004. This is a girl that I grew up with from kindergarten. A person who became my bestfriend when I was in 5th grade. We were schoolmates and best friends even through university!

The weird - or blessed - thing about it is we are never really truly apart. Yeah, yeah this is not one of those mushy tear-jerker kinda $%^$! It's true. No 6-months passes that we don't see each other.

See, way back in 2001, she graduated the four-year course while I tried to pursue the MA degree. We never really saw each other during the semester, but we would always end up seeing each other every three months - watching movies, shopping or sometimes just spending time together in school or in Eastwood when I'd visit her at work. This was not some sort of unwritten rule either. Somehow, we just end up calling each other up and going out every three months. So when she left for NJ to live with her husband, I knew it would take us a long time to see each other again. In fact, I was prepared for it.

Lo and behold, she rang me in March and even cried at how unhappy she was because people there didn't have time to make friends and she was home most of the time since it was so cold outside. We talk for one-hour straight! I can just imagine her telephone bill.

Then, I had to go to Mexico in October of 2004 (the one and only time we were ever apart for 9 months since starting kindergarten) for a conference and I took the opportunity to visit her. We spent two blissful days with one warning from her husband - no crying when it's time to leave.

She arrived in March 2004 and I swear! If I could strangled her through the phone. She called me while I was on my way to work to tell me she's already here! We went out a couple of times, though we were both busy - she with her sewing school and me with work. I told her I got a scholarship for a three-month stay in NYC in March 2006.

Just a few weeks ago, I got a message from her informing me that she's coming back this month with her husband for one-month's stay due to her husband's work.

Yehey!!!! We get to spend time together again! And in a couple of months, we'll get to spend more time together when I go for my scholarship!

Pray for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home