.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Monday, December 22, 2003

make up and men

last saturday at 12 noon, the new helper gave me a postal notice that says i have a package that i need to pick up. the dang EMS courier wouldn't leave the package since i wasn't home last friday (burn in hell!!!! hee.) i had decided not to go thinking the courier was wrong about having office on a Saturday.

And so today, I went to pick up my parcel. I was so excited (since i love surprises and gifts and packages so much) that i woke up at 6am when i had slept at 12am. since i couldn't curtail my excitement, i decided to leave early to get the package.

when i got there, i was informed that i could have gotten it last saturday since the delivery and claims department is open on Saturdays. (dang! if only i knew then). i got my package and went on my very merry and happy and extatic way.

by the time i got the package, i was already seated on the sofa in my aunt's living room (since i had to drop something at their place).

here are the contents:
1. 3 Power Puff packages for my niece from the Power Puff fan club that my friend made her a member of (upon realizing that she loves PowerPuff Girls).
a. 2 Power Puff books
b. 2 Power Puff Books + PPG Calculator (the wonders of interntional trading system
for giving my niece a calculator made in China for a US firm sent to the Phils)
c. 2 PPG Books + PPG sunglasses

2. 2 gift wrapped stuff for me for Christmas

3. 2 Dark Angel Books entitled After the Dark for me and 1 for another friend in the
Phils. who share my passion for Michael Weatherly... este Dark Angel pala!

3. 1 botique bag containing some stuff.

the humor in all this is that 1 botique bag. it wasn't wrapped, which meant that i can open it before Christmas. and open it, i did.

See, the one who sent me the package is this guy that everyone knows likes me (even i know he likes me. kapal ko noh?!). heee. i also like him, but let's not go into the details. he's baseball buff who actually likes Sleepless in Seattle, which still amazes me whenever i think about it.

Back to the story... I opened the botique bag and saw dark bluegreen pouch inside. this of course made one eyebrow go up. i opened the pouch and inside was a huge closed plastic containing... no less than a mascara, 1 lipstick, 2 lipglosses, 1 powder and all sorts of other stuff from Clinique! Stunned is too mild a word to describe how i felt. And then I read his letter that was enclosed with the package.

He himself was having a hard time explaining all these things he had sent me since they're really a lot and well, they're not just for Christmas so I like have some stuff open and i can start enjoying them now and I still have some stuff to open on Christmas day.

This is what he wrote about the Clinique make up kit:

"But there's that one that was kind of extra and not wrapped except in the bag that i was given to carry things home in... The sles girl said to me, 'It's all inside.' Well, I can't explain it very well without giving it all away, but it's still nothing that I would have a need or use for."

heee! the thought of him getting some make up from the sales girl is enough to send me to the floor with laughter! LOL.

I am so mean!

and he was so sweet. hahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home