.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

paintings made in heaven

I was in Megamall going my merry way along the fourth floor where the galleries are located and I was in heaven. I feel like this everytime I would pass by that place. It's just too surreal to be surrounded by such beauty and it's one whole area of galleries!

In any case, I was also being my usual self and looking into the paintings -absorbing the first impression it gives me and then moving nearer to get the details of the art work... and then of course I noticed something abotu a certain painting... and then another... then another and so on and on i went from one painting to another. appreciating their beauty ...and their flaws because beauty can never be such without its flaw.

But then, when I called out to my friend and budding artist to give my comments, she ran as far away from me as possible. I guess my one comment about the proper lighting of a certain painting of a person she knew traumatized her into staying away from me when I am ready to give my comment on such unimaginably beautiful pieces of work a man could ever create.

...and so I had to curtail my tongue and curtailing it meant that the beauty that i see in those minute details that others would see as flaws (because i do point out the flaws and proclaim the beauty despite it) stayed within me thus ruining my appreciation of the beauty for beauty that remains unshared curtails the happiness that ti gives.

but she did make up for it - she MORE THAN made up for it. she brought me to another gallery showing the works of Lani Ciani and by god is she wonderful! She has got to be the most gifted Surrealist painters I ahve ever encountered. She had uch attention to detail that the abaca ropes in her painting looks like the actual abaca that I use for my craftwork. Her foreplay with the hues and lighting produces such depth that combines realism, surrealism and the computer generated 3-D figures all in one work of art. Her work captures you into the realm of her painting with your hands and fingers almost feeling the rough burning texture of the ropes as you strum them. You ever feel almost afraid of touching the rope for the maple leaf might fall thus earning the artist's wrath.

OH. MY. GOD! I am in heaven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home