.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Monday, December 08, 2003

Long-not-so-lost friends 3 days delayed

Ever since I met with my friend whom I have not seen for 2 long years, I have had this craving to get her that eek! Halloween miniature stuffed bat from Starbucks (mainly because I really do not know what to give her for Christmas and she did mention that such a thing should be in her possession since she loves saying eek). And so off I went longing to get that thing-a-majig from every Starbucks in Manila since I couldn’t find one from the nearby one.

If there was one thing that kept my spirits alive during a meeting I attended at Starbucks Katipunan, it was seeing this black bat smiling his way into my wallet. And so, I finally had the chance to buy I as a Christmas present for a friend (have I ever told you that I avoid buying Christmas presents in December since I get my presents for everyone whenever I find something I think they’ll like at any time of the year at all?).

Then I sent her an SMS to ask whether she’s attending the novena for Dec. 8 in our school, though I knew she was going to. And so, I decided to meet up with her and have some coffee so I could give her my gift. But I had a wedding dinner to attend to at 9pm at Libis so instead of just hanging out in Starbucks in front of the school, we went to Seattle’s Best in Libis instead. And there I found out the rest of her life story of about 2 years back and she found out the rest of my life story of about 2 years back. With the power konking in on us at Eastwood, we went strolling along the grounds and caught up even more. So now we’ve got the Return of the King planned, wouldn’t you know it, she likes Orlando Bloom! And so I might get suckered into watching the ROTK premier.

But at 9pm, I had to bring her to the parking area so she would know where to get her car and I met up with my friends for the wedding dinner.

I went to Cable Car thinking I’ll see my college friends again. When I entered, I saw my two college friends, the bride-to-be and the groom-to-be and lo and behold! It was our long lost grade school friend, Nin!

See, the bride, my friend, has been my friend since 5th grade. You know? That time when everyone went berserk over their insecurities?! Heee. We went to the same kinder, elementary, high school and university – except for Nin who went to another university. We haven’t had contact with Nin for most of college life and even two years after college till now.

After waiting endlessly for the chicken I ordered, which cable car happened to catch strolling along the streets of Eastwood the minute I ordered for it, and all of them finishing their good meal and pointing out to May where her food so she'd knwo whose plate she's eating on, we got to talk about everything. We even managed to get some barista do his spiel on every coffe and tea available at their coffee place. Now THAT is customer service for you!

And now our friend is getting married and moving to New Jersey with her husband-to-be, another friend is stuck at law school, another one is gung-ho on this guy at work, I’m waiting for my Swiss visa so I could leave January or early February, and Nin is preparing her portfolio for Art school in Paris!

OH MY GOD!
She’s really living her dream. Heck, we’re all living our dreams! Dontcha just love it?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home