.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Sunday, December 28, 2003

Not so usual holiday

Hopefully, since I should be leaving by end of January or early February for Switzerland, this shall be my last Christmas in what has been home for 24 years… at least until I get to go back in a few years or so.

Let me tell you, Manila traffic was once again hell for the last few days before Christmas! It takes me about 2 hours to get from what would normally be 20 to 30 minutes away – a nearby place, which becomes 20 minutes away due to “normal” traffic. But from December 23 onwards, it has been smooth sailing for us. I guess with the season, the tragedy and all that, people have been spending more and more time with their families and loved ones. Thus, Manila has been on heck of a smooth ride.

Anyway, I got as expected from the wrapping, a Clinique Happy - Yay! This is one heck of a cologne that I really love – and a Burberry Cologne, which I also like. And from the same person who gave me Clinique Happy, I got the best Christmas present yet. He got me a book from one of my most recently discovered authors, Arturo Perez-Reverte’s “The Nautical Chart”.

It was so unexpected. And it’s something that I really like getting – books. And for him to think of getting me one that has not come out in the Philippines yet… that’s really something! Of course the wrapping told me it was a book and I sound like a nerd getting all happy and whatnot over a dang book received as a Christmas present. But one thing I can never get enough of is book. The more the merrier!

Anyway, I have started buying thermal clothing and even got a nice looking jacket for less than Php 500 (less than $10)! And tomorrow, I’m supposed to finalize the trip to Malaysia and Singapore for January 13 and then finalize my stuff for Geneva (and shop!) once we get back here.

I’m dying of excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home