.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Saturday, January 31, 2004

Living in my non-home

disclaimer: the following post is rated 35 and up. If you read it and you're not 35 yet, don't blame me for whatever pictures would haunt whatever it is you find between your ears..

As is usual these days when I’m not so busy with work or have a lot of spare time on my hands, I am again bunking in with a friend. If you bother to go and ask my mom, she'd probably tell you that I moved out of the house since September 2003 and that I merely use it as a hotel of sorts complete with maid service and everything else when I'm not out braving the Manila traffic with my non-good non-friend.

Change comes gradually as most poets have written in their, uh, poetry. And now, I have once again proven the romantics of this world right.

Up until today, I never noticed that my abhorrence for seeing any small amount of flesh that should be covered with clothing - (clothing hereby implies a shirt with sleeves and a pair of pants, shorts or skirt) - has been slowly deteriorating. I could actually stand being in a room while friends, or a friend for this matter, exchange stories with me with only a towel covering their otherwise naked chest... I normally squeal my heart out and beg my friend/s to please cover themselves up like normal people do. I am, after all, not their moms. I am a guest. A guest! Who socializes with guests clad in a towel?! Don't get me wrong, my friends are not my friends (hehehe), but... talking to me ina towel is simply... too surreal and... I never do nor do I intend to do that. That is, I USED to scream my heart out and cry for mercy!

Or how I could exchange non-intellectually stimulating, but sarcasm-filled conversation while watching tv and then stand up, walk towards the middle of the room before informing everyone, "i gotta &*%" and then walking off merrily into the bathroom.

Then, there's waking up and staying in bed because I'm too lazy to actually get up ergo having my friend try to conduct another one of those intellectually stimulating, but most hated conversations meant to wake me up. And believe me the topics range from the the comparison between Brazil and Philippines, Philippine Elections, the comparison between the US and UK debates on the War on Iraq, Policy formulation and implementation, Books (both academic and fiction) and the ideas it gives us, the types of make-up and what sorts of fluids to apply on your face at various times of the day and for various occasions while cursing my former professor to hell. Dude, before September of '03 and you wake me up from my deep slumber... during weekends... to try and talk about all these things before my 11am wake up time which means you're supposed to start talking to me only at 1pm, you're sure as hell gonna get an earful from me or have me shut the door in front of your face!

There's the classic: having to walk into the bedroom as I talk to my friend who, I thought, was brushing her teeth or taking off her contact lens, inside the bathroom. Just as I'm about to push the door open, I hear a deafening squeal coming from the other side of the unlocked door which informs me that I shouldn't go in there because my assumption on what she's been doing there is clearly wrong.

Finally, I can now, in all honesty, mischief (evil grin) and full of sarcasm, ask my friend, "do you wanna go with me to the bathroom and talk to me while i $%^?!" and once again walk in all confidence and rather gleefully into the waiting bathroom doors.

Certain green-minded puns might still escape me. And I may still be uncomfortable when a newly bathed roommate wrapped in a towel talks to me and suddenly lets the towel fall to the floor while i'm facing her ergo I suddenly have to look at the tv across the room to prevent shocking the wits out of myself. OMG! Who bares her soul right in front of you, right?! I have those myself, thank you, and I don't need to stare at someone else's! This was when I went for a seminar last November and there were 3 of us sharing the bedroom and we're not even good friends, just acquaintances!

As for my friend, she thought she could shock me before. And indeed she did everytime she pulled those eeky statements. But these days, change is a bliss!

...at least until someone strangles me after reading all these you-don't-need-to-know information. :evil_grin:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home