.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

dude, what happened to my your car?

I never thought that sitting alone inside a car you don't own while listening to the radio can be dangerous. That is, not until last night.

I was brought home by alba. Since it was getting late, I asked her to sleep over instead of going all the way home at that time of the night.

But see, asking albz to sleep over means going back to her place so she can get some clothes and her toothbrush even after offering some of your clothes for her use and an unused, ergo unopened toothbrush meant for guests. (She gave the contact lens excuse, but both you and i don't really believe her, do we?! hee.)

We had to drive all the way to her place and park her car in front of the building - deliberately right beside the NO PARKING and NO WAITING sign. There was no way we could actually leave the vehicle in this area and so she went inside the building to her place to get her contact lens case and glasses - at least i thought she did.

Since I was pretty confident that I could drive her car around should some policemen or patrol guy come by (of course, this would be if they didn't ask for my driver's lisence first which I don't have). And lest something happens to me while inside the car, i made sure that all the locks were secure. Furthermore, to prevent my catastrophe-thinking mind (paranoia, you understand) from doing just that - thinking of possible catastrophies and ghost stories (yes, it was that late), i turned on the radio, sat down and relaxed.

You can just imagine my shock when i felt Bembol shaking hard as if there was an intensity 7 earthquake rocking Pearl Drive! Of couse it took but a milli-second to note: This is not an earthquake! A goddang car hit Bembol and I'm alone, inside the car, which is not mine, without a driver's license, parked along a NO PARKING AREA! F***ing SH*T!!! These thoughts raced through my mind and I had not even turned to see what hit the left rear of Bembol.

F*&%^&* S%#T!!!

I didn't want to, but i had to - turn my head, that is. It was so surreal. I thought of all the things Albz would shout at me for not taking good care of her baby and not looking out for her beloved, much-in-need of cleaning and a paint job, Bembol.

I saw this Black or dark blue Pajero perpendicular to bembol's rear. I opened my door at the same time that the Pajero's driverside door opened and out came this girl, probably my age or a bit older, almost running towards me and crying, "Oh my God! I'm soooo sooooorreeeeee! I'm gonna pay. I'm gonna pay!" You're dang right you are!

Seeing that the very late night traffic of about 4 cars behind us was building, I had to tell the girl, "You might want to park your car first."

I know. I know. this is a serious no-no when these thigns happens. However, Alba's building's guard saw everything and had started jotting down plate numbers and car make and was on his way to call Albz from her place so she could come down and talk to this very frightened girl.

And so she parked her Pajero from where it was before - when i was still listening merrily to some alternative music over the radio. She walked and repeated the same tantra oevr abnd over again. I asked her in my most friendly manner (smiling eventhough i'm quite afraid of alba's distress when she sees this) if she was sleepy. She told me no, but that she actually DIDN'T SEE a red Nissan Sentra Parked in front of the Building one lane across from where her Pajero was parked eventhough I got a glimpse of her walking somewhere near Bembol when I looked earlier on the side mirror.

Great.

I thought, explain that to Alba. Where the heck is she?

Out comes Alba carrying a pair of shorts that I had used the previous night and her overnight toiletries. After putting the stuff into the backseat, she got a chance to talk to the girl, who explained everything with my help. What the - ! Albz was smiling and talking calmly with this girl who lives all the way in Pampanga and whose middle name is the same as Alba's last name. After exchangign the numbers and names and plate numbers and with the girl promising to pay for the damage, everything was fixed. The guard even asked us if we wanted to blotter the accident, but of course, there's no need since the girl did say she's gonna pay for it.

And so off we went again to Never neverland so we could rest our bones on each of the bed in my room at home.

You might ask, what's the point of going back and then sleeping over at my place, right? Well, there you go... that's Alba.

Ask Monk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home