.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Saturday, January 10, 2004

niece's birthday

today is the family celebration of my would be 9-year-old-niece-on-January-12's (same day as Candy's) birthday. It was nothing extravagant. We just had spaghetti, grilled chicken, 2 types of cakes, and some grilled fish and grilled pork which were still being grilled by the time we left the house. i think i over-ate spaghetti. and as much as i only had a small square piece of the chocolate cake, it was still so heavy (and when i say chocolate, boy do i mean chocolate!). but the point is, my sister - my niece's mom did not even show up for he daughter's birthday.

i can remember now what my niece said last Christmas - how her mom didn't give her a gift and to think she's her mom's daughter. She said that even my good friend sent her a gift and my friend doesn't even know her.

what a bummer, huh?! i never thought i'd meet such a mom until my sister had a kid.

but you know what? i'm thankful for my mom. she bought some clothes for adrielle for her birthday and she said that one of them was given by my niece's mom. For those who sometimes watch the movies at the hallmark channel, this is the epitome of Hallmark for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home