.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Friday, September 23, 2005

Going Back in Circles

As someone who wants to start a business, I guess I should have given Murphy a little more credit.

When I suggested catering food to offices/businesses to my friends, I did it because:
1. We needed to put our energies into something more productive
2. We could earn from it
3. it would be a good project for all of us and we could learn from it

Little did I know that we were going to end up right here.

Last Thursday, we met at the office (located in Taguig) in order to travel all the way to Novaliches (some place I've never been to before) and talk with another company our other friends are working for so we could supply packed meals.

I had initially called the company's HR department to ask about the procedures and was asked to just drop by and deliver the letter to their office. We were also informed that it takes about two weeks before we could begin setting up our business venture.

We drove for what seems to be hundreds of miles (I have no idea how far Novaliches is from Taguig) where I found myself in unfamiliar territory and arrived at the company's office. We were immediately informed that someone else won the bidding for food catering and we could not be entertained anymore.

One of my persistent friends asked the guards to at least ask the HR personnel if we could talk to one of them. After about 5 minutes, the guard informed us that the HR personnel on duty was busy with his work and could not come down to the reception to entertain our question. My friend was trying to convince the guard to convince the HR to at least see us, but I have had it. I pulled her aside and told her that we should just go since the HR personnel is apparently a spineless piece of %&*#! Who doesn't even know how to face people he had asked to travel halfway around the world to say NO to.

I immediately made a call to my sister asking if we could cater to them and asked for the requirements. But I didn't hear back from her until today.

This morning, I was informed by my friend that she has spoken with our HR department and was informed they just need a letter from us. Also, the management of the company we work for would allow us to sell food at no extra charge!

Our "field research" which started in Taguig led us to...Taguig.

What an expensive trip to take with the cost of gas and all. Plus there's the fact that I ended up driving from 10 am - 4 am the following day without having slept in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home