.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Popular People Highschool Style

Remember all those supposedly "popular" people in highschool who thinks and made others think the world revolves around them? They're not that far from the work place.

There are those people who volunteer because they like volunteering. There are those people who are making pa-bibo. If these qualities are used correctly and with the right precaution, these people can become an asset to their organizations.

Then again, there are those who are, according to my supervisor, nagmamaganda. And according to her, "Kung magmamaganda ka, siguraduhin mong maganda ka!" These are the modern day or workplace epitome of the highschool popular people. Ironically, these people are usually NOT involved in whatever issues there are in the workplace. They are mere spectators who have nothing have nothing else to do, but make others feel the misery they feel in their own lives. They sugar-coat what they do trying it make it appear like everything they're doing is for the good of the organization or society. The ones who are directly involved in work-related issues are usually mature enough to talk things after letting their emotions pass. These are the self-destructive individuals who eats into an organizations which would later on, if not nipped at the bud, lead to its destruction. I think what makes them do all these things and what irritates them is that no one would otherwise notice they exist.

They usually want to get the higher management positions. Most often than not, they almost always seem to get it only to fall short come judgment time. Then, they wonder why they never got the position they want. I think they always forget that the walls have ears and immaturity always shows itself in one way or another.

Someone told me not to mind such people since we're not moving in the same circles - that people who are not educated act this way. I ahve always believed in equality among men. I've never believed in "circles". So, my friend, I beg to differ. I would lean towards my aunt's explanation. She said that there are people with breeding. And those without it, can never acquire it because they've closed their minds to that possibility. I guess my other friend is right, sometimes you REALLY just have to be the bigger person.

I can say this. I let strike one pass. Strike two is a little harder to let go. DO NOT WAIT FOR STRIKE THREE.

Those who have experienced STRIKE TWO never liked it.

Whoever said I was a good person?!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home