.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Friday, September 23, 2005

Over Coffee and Apple Pies


Had merienda and dinner with a friend today. It's been soooo long since we last saw each other that it just had to be my treat! :) When I say long, I mean REALLY long. The last time I saw her was in 2003. I can't believe how much things change... and there are still things that will always remain the same.

...like how ambiguous I am when talking to her about names of places, things and events. I always remember what happened and the people who were there, but not the names of places, things and events.
(Well, I've never been good with memorization. I even confirmed attending a UN event without knowing which hotel it's going to be held at! I had to call my mom so she could read it off the letter for me!)

...like how I could talk to her about anything and everything and always find myself cringing every time she pops up the question - "Are you seeing anyone right now?" -after asking me mundane questions. Believe me, if you knew her, you'd know it's NOT a normal question for you'd think she'd ask and you'd know why.

...like how "lola-like" she could be when asking about a guy I like and how I have to make sure that this guy is supposed to be like this and that.

...like how she literally could read my thoughts and lay it out in the open for me concretely and nonchalantly with one question and how this question could map out the entire course I want my life to take in the next couple of years without me saying anything.

Of course, I was thinking about it. And of course, I knew the reasons behind my choices and what I hope would happen. But how could she know?

She was like, "...So if given a chance, you'd like to get a longer scholarship to get to know this guy, right?"

...like how I would literally put off all other plans with other friends just to have coffee with her and talk about our friends and what has been happening in everyone's lives including ours.

...like how she always ends up having "utangs" every time we end our conversations - with me asking her for information that she would have to call me back for.

...like how she would tell me about her family and certain things that I know she wouldn't normally tell others.

I felt like I could talk to her about anything and everything. Scratch that. I REALLY COULD talk to her about anything and everything. Very, very few people can put me in the hot seat and SHE can. Yet, I can STILL talk to her about anything and everything under the sun. This clearly baffles me since I'm usually guarded around people.

I miss her, no doubt.

So to K, I had a great time having coffee and apple pie with you! And I'll keep in mind what you asked me to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home