.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Tunis

Tunis is such a great place! The influence of the French when they took over Tunisia can be seen in the infrastructure though the outskirts of the town proper does show some of the middle eastern dwellings. The people are not friendly, though which makes the whole thing really terrible.

I seriously feel like I'm leaving in the Marcos era. I see guards all around the city carrying rifles your wouldn't see the police nor military in Manila carrying. I think if you so much as walk up the barrier around Le Kram you'll be stabbed to death or they would surely kill you.

You see pictures of the President everywhere and the flag everywhere. Then they get to shut the whole conference place for half a day just because their president was going to cut the ribbon!

Whatever. I hope the picture gets uploaded this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home