.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Central Park, New York



Every time I post something here, I feel like I'm starting anew. I think about all the unfinished posts and updates I should have finished but life and work always gets in the way.

A quick rundown of what had happened since January 2006.

Our noses first newsletter got finished.
I received news that I got this grant I was hoping to get.
I have started the necessary preparations for this new venture I'm putting up with or without the grant.
My proposal got accepted to Round 1 of BiD Challenge.
My proposal did not get accepted to Round 2 of BiD Challenge, but I'm revising it hoping it will be chosen as a wild card.
I went to KL for 5 (I think. I forget now how many days exactly) grueling days of workshop.
I found out I got the Fellowship.
I prepared for our website launching.
The website was finished in time, but now we're revising its format according to feedback.
I have been in New York since April attending classes at Columbia and enjoying may stay at this institution housing me.
Ludo's is great! You should all go there when you're in downtown Manhattan.
Went to Stanford and it was great...

I think I ought to tell more about what has been happening, but I just don't have the time to go over each and everyday here.

Some thing I learned, though:

1. People have been calling me a New Yorker just because I work in the same pace or maybe more than the ones in new York do.

2. Never mix a red shirt with your whites, yellows, beige.

3. Never wash your dark colored clothes in warm water.

4. Washing clothes in warm water can turn your good cotton-lycra t-shirt into a wide-cannot-be-used cotton-lycra t-shirt.

5. Plants need water as well as sunshine.

6. If you want to live in New York, be ready to walk miles and miles and miles.

7. Cleaning your own apartment is a lot of hard work so better not create trash or else you've more stuff to clean.

8. You DO meet all sorts of weird people traveling by bus so if you're not up for it, take the Amtrak or fly.

9. Most people are not friendly, but you just need to be to give them the opportunity to warm up.

See yah next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home