.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Thursday, June 19, 2003

vegetable


normally, that word can either describe something green, leafy and kids hate, particularly on their dinner plate. eeeyuuuuckkkk! pluchhhh! Or a person who can't move, but can basically function. I mean, come on people! the person can still think.


As for me, the word describes Wednesday night. For some reason, I was sooooo tired that day even when I had just woken up. Our division secretary at work actually asked me if something's wrong because I wasn't my usual self. I told her therewasn't anything wrong. She is soooo... caring! ;) But that I didn't feel all too well. And then I had to attend this meeting with the NYC people, which emant that I will again be attending one of the most boring meetings of my life. now don't get me wrong, I like my job precisely because I attend all these meetings and all. The problem with this particular meeting is that nothing ever gets done! And I do mean nothing! they started with this whole Action officer's thing since last year. This is already the first half of the year and still, none of their programs has been implemented. Now, if you knew that the NYC had as much money as it has just for this specific project, you'll know what I'm talking about. heck, you'll probably breeze through Quezon Avenue just to come up with a rally to protest why they haven't received the fund!


Anyway, I decided to take a cab to the meeting and also on the way home because I was sooo tired. Unfortunately, traffic was so bad when has it not been in Manila? that the airconditioner of the taxi driver went haywire. now normally, I would have been sizzling mad, but then the taxi driver was so apologetic and he told me that he was supposed to have it done in banawe (where I took the cab), but he didn't have enough money so he decided to just go home to Antipolo - lucky for me coz I live in manggahan. We passed through several side streets and so I arrived home earlier than I first thought I would. To top it all, the driver aonly charged me P100 (this was a trip from Banawe to Pasig, aiight?!) and again told me how sorry he was for his busted aircon.


And here's where the vegetable thing comes up... I borrowed Mr. Deeds the previous day from the video store because I wanetd to watch it and never did. i was gonna watch it so I turned on my computer (I prefer watching DVDs in my PC) and lay in bed for a while - that was nearly 7:00pm. i found out that I had slept! By the time I woke up it was already 4:00am! To top it all, I couldn't bring myself to get up - literally. I was only finally able to get up at 7:00am!!! Holy #$%*^(#@$%! Now THAT was fun!


And so here I am, the DVDs were supposed to be due tomorrow, but I have a class early in the morning and so I am watchign it tomorrow night and will just have to pay the fine - and I borrowed 3 DVDs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home