.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Sunday, June 15, 2003

i watched The Sweetest Thing yesterday. I keep thinking about what Cameron Diaz's character said. She said something like, "that's why you shouldn't look for Mr. Right. You should look for Mr. Right-Now." To some extent that is true - not that I'm a Dr. Ruth or some love-sick guru nor do i hate men. But to some extent she IS correct. With the real nice guys like Landon of A Walk To Remember don'r really exist except in movies. I mean I have some guy friends who are really good people, but I of course never thought of them as more than guy friends. you know what I mean? I actually wonder why their girl friends are too demanding and get angry at some measly thing as the guy not showing up on time due to an extended meeting or something. mean come on! It's not like they're gonna die if the guy's meeting goes on too long! Damsels in distress! They should have been locked up back in the 90s. They certainly shouldn't be allowed roaming around in the new millenium ;) LOL.



ok. ok. i'm blabbering! sue me! ...Now where was I? Oh yeah. Anyway, I liked what Christine said because it couldn't be more true these days. I see guys (yuppies) almost everyday passing by my store and buying stuff (I pass by my store almost everynight to check up on things.). These are working professionals and the way they talk really just makes me thankful for not being a damsel in distress. These are nice guys and some of them are even acquaintances of mine. but do they have any direction? Nah! They go from one job to another - whoever pays more gets them. What's more, come payday, their first stop over is a bar to have some drinks and meet girls with whom they never really get serious.



I'm sure some guys out there are great men too, but I have yet to meet a guy who is not too dependent on their mom, who can stand up on his own and who does not get threatened merely because the woman knows more than he does or she earns more... Actually there is such a guy now, but other than this one that I know, I wonder how many more there is.



note to self: do not look at everything when watching a movie. there are certain things you DON'T need to know and you DON'T want to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home