.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Sunday, February 22, 2004

pancake syrup

maybe i wanted to exercise my cooking skills again. maybe i wanted to feed my niece... or maybe i was just desperate for something to do.

since i was stuck at home caring for my niece for a couple of days, we went from watching tv, grocery shopping, watching tv, playing Cross Mary Shake, watching tv, making the beds, watching tv, cleaning the house (meaning my room since i won't let the helper touch it and my mom's room since we were eating on the bed and stuff), watching tv, cooking, watching tv and making pancakes for my niece.

after going through the ordeal of actually making the pancakes instead of buying your usual Gold Medal or Maya pancake mix, I had to mix all the ingredients on my niece's desk in (guess where?) my mom's room (please don't tell her coz she doesn't know). and finally when the ordeal was finished and the batter was ready, I was hyped up on eating pancakes. and so i told my niece to give it to the helper so it can be cooked.

my ever not-so-obidient-sometimes niece did as she was told since of course, she was excited on eating pancakes for afternoon snacks. who ever said i was a healthy cook?

a few minutes later, my nose got the whiff of the pancakes and my stomach grumbled. my niece placed a plate-full of pancakes on her desk (again in my mom's room) and told me to wait for the iced tea. i was, of course, feeling like i had died and gone up to heaven. once the drinks were inside the room, she got the plate and told me she had a surprise and that i should wait for the pancakes. knowing we recently bought some preserves and chocolate spread, i was certainly looking forward to the improvised pancakes via my niece. she came backa dn asked me to close my eyes and so i did. after all, what harm can a few pancakes make right? she gave me a fork to hold and asked me to eat the pancake on it without looking at it. so i did.

BLEH!!!

the pancake was soaked AND I DO MEAN SOAKED!!! in maple syrup.

oh well, it was still a good gesture on her part. i guess i just have to look at it that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home