.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Three years ago, my best friend and I decided we wanted to run an export business selling accessories, raw materials and even incorporating native materials into fashionable dresses and what have you.

My friend is now based in New Jersey and is up for apprenticing in Liz Claiborne in NYC in a few months or weeks, I’m not so sure.

And guess what? Last January, she emailed me asking if I could possible send her my bags, accessories (those that I make - beads and stones - and those that are submitted to us as samples), belts, raw materials etc. She’ll be sending me her creations so I can have some people execute it. At long last, I get to look at her portfolio!

Since she shall be participating in various bazaars, I have started to make my accessories (in sets), designing my own stuff (for belts and stuff) and even re-establishing contacts with suppliers.

I guess this means that we’re starting to make our business a reality. here are some of the sets i made:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home