.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

To update this blog before my week comes to another end...

The dad of my co-worker died and so we travelled all the way to Paete, Laguna Friday last week. Can you believe that it took us 4 hours to get there?!

One of the consultants from the office was kind enough to give us a lift. Now here's what i hate about it: We were supposed to rent a van to fit in 10 people. But then this consultant of ours was kind enough to let us ride with him. We were supposed to go with him on Friday after work. So thinking that the ones who were counted are assured of the ride, I waited for my friends from another department while some other people who wanted to hitch with us went down to the van. Those included in the headcount even logged out ahead of time just for us to leave early. Lo and behold! When we got there, the van was soooo full of people that the ones who were originally meant to be there couldn't fit in! And I was sooooo pi**ed! But of course, I didn't say anything (Can you believe THAT?!).

Anyway, we went on (without my friends, but i had to go on since the person whose dad died belongs in my department) and travelled 4 hours and then this jeep cut in on us and our consultant gave way by backing up a little. We didn't know that there was this AUV who was "stationed" right behind us! The driver did not give us enough leeway to move and to think that he was asking us to pay for his #$%@#&$ headlights! Duh?! If he had used his headlights, then he would have seen that he was following us too closely! But what really has me raising my eyebrow is why he asked the younger looking girl to elave his AUV when he went on to rant on us on how his headlights has got to be paid. And although was the younest among this bunch, I had to go out of the van and ask the guy what's the matter coz it appeared like our consultant was going to pay him and I certainly know that it was the AUV's driver's fault that he was followig us too closely!

I have more important and interesting tale to tell, but i'll leave that for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home