.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Thursday, September 18, 2003

Adventure for Today

As I am sure alba will see it, we had a great adventure today.

She went through the horrendous 9-am-re-routed-traffic scheme along Ortigas Avenue arriving at my house by 10:45am. We went to Palm Doctores where it was confirmed that my Tungsten has a problem with Windows XP since there was a man who also has the same problem with his Palm 515m. In any case, they will be able to help me when I am in front of my computer so I need to call them.

Next stop was her house and then Landmark. We were able to buy alba's new pair of pants for her date with Michael Buble. Here are bits and pieces of our conversation with Alab driving Bundi... este Bembol :)


Alba: Why do they flick their lights at me?!
Me: because you're flickable!

Me: $*%$?!!! Ano ba yan?! Nakikita namang may dumadaan eh! (rough translation: What the heck is that car doing?! We have the right of road!)
Alba: Sayang, gwapo pa naman yung driver! (Too bad because the driver is goodlooking!)
Me: (turning my head with lightning speed to look at Alba) What do you mean gwapo yung driver? (the driver is good looking?) Pano mo nalaman? (How did you know?) I didn’t even notice if it were a guy or a girl!!

Going out of the parking lot walking to the mall. The minute we came out of the parking lot (which was the basement of a garden in front of Glorietta)

Me: (looking around looking very lost) Where are we?
Alba: (snickering)
Me: (still looking around for the familiar department store named Landmark) seriously. Wait. I can’t – Where are we?
Alba: (my name)! Glorietta.
Me: Oh right. Let’s walk.

After buying the pants and getting our Twister fries and my caramel sundae,

Alba: you know what? I also didn’t know where we were a while ago when we went out of the parking lot.



But before Alba told me that last bit of info… we went and opened the car ready to get out of Glorietta 3’s parking lot. Once again, we are being followed by the Dementors of Glorietta 3 parking lot – the security guards in their motorbikes roaming the parking lot probably for the safety of the place, but they are just making new drivers nervous by hanging around waiting for the enw drivers to park nicely and fast.

In any case, I heard a knock on my side. Rolling down the window, I saw the same security guard and thought, What now?

Salcedo: Ma’m flat po.
Alba and me: huh? (confused, shocked, didn’t-know-what-to-do-look)
Salcedo: Di nyo po ba napansin?
Me: hinde. (I got out of the car thinking.. oh it’s probably just a soft and we can have it repaired by stopping at the next station and putting air in it)


Lo and behold! The flat was seriously, seriously flat – there was no air between the lower part of the mags and the rubber of the tire! I can honestly see Plasticman lying on the floor under a the door of the kitchen.

The kind security guard helped us. Alba showed us the tire and we both pulled it as I thought about how wonderful it is because I shall be able to change tires now!

Much to my dismay, we couldn’t even pull the dang tier out! We had to ask the guard to get it for us…. All because it was screwed to the car as we later found out. And then, the guard helped us in finding the jack… after finding the tools, it turns out that the jack was too small for the car! It couldn’t lift Bembol.

I could see Alba was not panicking as she texted bundi who only laughed ather peril. My solution? I asked her to call her dad since the guard, after bringing in a huge jack from their stockroom and finally lifting the car, could not unscrew the tires. After 5 minutes of trying to unscrew the tires and after Alba’s dad laughed at her too, screw gave way and so the changing of tires began.

I could see that the not-panicking alba was sweating so hard as we both carried the flat tire back into the compartment. We finally left Glorietta with me doing horrendous things just to get her to talk. Horrendous means me getting worse that demented ;)

And although something else happened after Alba brought me home and left for her date with Buble, I think these are all part of the grand plan of learning how to drive. It is, isn’t it?! ;) LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home