.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Saturday, August 23, 2003

What A Good turn of Events!!!!

Nope. I haven't had any luck finding a job yet, but I am trying to look for one.

In any case, I spent yesterday with my old friend - we've been friends since 5th grade and so we're almost like sisters despite the difference in race/ethnicity. I accompanied her to shop since she's shopping for her trip to New York on January 2004 after her wedding this December. We got some blouses and skirts and some dresses for her - all girly stuff since this good friend of mine is my exact opposite. People wonder how we get along when we argue all the time. ;)

In any case, she told me she has her Christmas gift for me - sicne i ahve already given her my Christmas gift, I naturally thought that this was just some overdue gift she wanted to give me. Lo and Behold! I have an entire wardrobe!!! She did NOT give me a gift, she gave me almost AN ENTIRE WARDROBE!

What do I mean?

I am now the proud owner of a purple see through blouse with w satin tanktop as underlining of some sort. now this is a purple (my favorite color) see through blouse with the frills nd everything!

There's this printed blouse that I will never really buy for myself, but since it came from her, I am actually thinking of wearing the girly blouse since it does nto look bad. In fact, it's something that can be work with a skirt for work (now i only have to look for a job so i can wear it! ;) lol )

Then there's the usual Esprit long sleeved girl sweats that for someone as sporty as me is something to die for!

There's this knitted shirt - red, black and white which is something that's normal looking, but something that I would actually wear.

The best part is , I am now the proud owner of an indian outfit together with the wraparound skirt, the shawl - not the typical plain ones, but typically printed ones for Indian outfit and the matchign knitted top with embroidery!

Some other stuff included in my goodies are 2 different styles of belts, 3 different kinds of bead necklaces and a silver bracelet!

this was one heck of a shopping spree for someone who hates shopping! And I didn't even spend for any of these things!

What did mom say? She actually asked me if my friend has a sister (she knows my friend has 2 brothwers sicne they've been to our place). It was a rhetorical question since she's so used to my friend by now.

Don't you just LOVE surprises liek these?

...and that's coming from someone who hates shopping! ;)

As for today

Spent the day in a long meeting with this NGO that I'm involved in.

Board meetings are great since there are only 5 of us who get along pretty well who need to decide on things. But members' meetings are hell... and i do mean H-E-L-L!

Can you imagine spending more than 1 hour talking about 1 particular thing?! arrrg!

It's all good, though since it means that everyone in thye organization has something to contribute and it means that we crack each others' brains to get the best out of everything... not like other rogs where people agree all the time.

Between peace and differences? I'd go for differences!

Oh and by the way... who would have thought?

I AM GOING TO BE PART OF MY COUTNRY'S DELEGATION TO THE ASEAN MINISTERIAL MEETING ON YOUTH!!!!

OMG! this is like one of the dreams of a lifetime! I wanted to make it into the International COmmunity, but I never really thought that I'm doing so in my 20s!!!!!

whoooopeeeeeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home