.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Sunday, August 03, 2003

God! I cannot believe how people can be so political! ...and at such a young age!

I am a member o this youth group - first because of work and then because I do like the programme and so I decided to be a volunteer. So now I do it both for work and for my own personal reasons - simply stated, I do it coz I like it and I believe in it.

Anyway, since the Foudnation is just starting, there are still a lot of work to be done. What I have discovered though, is that people can be very political. So political that it is a downright insult to miost of us if not all of us!

Can you imagine someone attaching various position under her name in an email and even attaching the Chairmanship of this foundation under her name?! Honestly! Am I THAT dumb that I won't read through it?! To top it all, since this other person who has worked so hard on this particular project has reacted regarding this matter, this person claims that she has the political clout and the bearing that the international organizations actually take her name and agree on policy recommendation solely based on HER recommendation!

godddddddddd!

from what sort of mountain or cave did this person come from?! (without implying that people in the caves or the mountains are neanderthals)

First of all, UNHCR means United Nations High COmmissioner for Refugees. Duh?! If you're gonna use the name of the agency under your name, better make sure you know what it means!

Secondly, the United Nations does not just appoint someone, particularly if you never worked for AT LEAST 5 years in a relevant field (check admission or job postings at the UN website please!). And those 5 years will only make you eligible for being a UN Volunteer - according to availability in assignment.

Third, or you can always get you government to "vote" you into a position but that means that you have at least had some gray hair already and the Philippine government or the president has assessed that you are more than capable to handle the decision-making process as well as having enough character to make sound judgments.

Fourth, if you are a young person recently entering the workforce (at least 2 years relevant work experience), without yet having acquired a graduate degree, the JPO IS the only way you can go and work for UN for a period of 2-3 years, which may still not make you eligible to work for the UN if a person fitting your qualifications is still filling up the position that you are most eligible for.

all other matters concerning UN work, Internternational Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and ADB work should be coursed through their websites.

Then to say that "TRUST is a game of risk" ... trust is a GAME ?! what do you mean GAME?!

OMG! You have no idea what you got yourself into, girl! TRUST is never a game. TRUST is a verb - an action whereby a person regards another as having the same goal or same purpose thereby placing his beliefs and sharing his thoughts and feeling no holds barred with that other person! My God have you got no idea what you are putting yourself into!

grrrr! honestly, this is the most intellectually insulting person that I have ever met.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home