.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

PYEN

allow me to indulge...

...stands for Philippine Youth Employment Network. It is a youth-led non-government agency using a top-down bottoms-up approach. The Youth Employment Network (YEN) is an idea of UN Secretary General Kofi Annan. It was his response to the emerging problem of youth employment. After the Youth Employment Summit in Alexandria, Egypt, the UN togetehr with ILO and World Bank put up YENs in 10 different areas. In Southeast Asia, they put up a YEN in Indonesia. However, the Philippines' YEN is not put up by the UN, but by people from the youth sector themselves.

'nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home