.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Monday, September 01, 2003

Young Once

LOL

Okay, so today wasn't really a cultural exchange, but it was one heck of a singing session!

After a tedious day discussing Sustainable Youth Employment, we headed to the Manila Polo Club for dinner. Since I was the youngest among the delegates of the Senior Officials Meeting, I actually thought that this would be a rather nice quiet dinner with the company of our ASEAN Partners.

Lo and Behold, after learning that it was the birthday of one of the delegates from Indonesia, Professor Jalal, everyone started singing and each country had an impromptu song number. Some people even danced - including the ASEAN Secretariat!

In any case, I had a nice time talking about PYEN and enjoying the company of these people whom I shall say are very young at heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home