.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Sunday, August 31, 2003

Never Eat at KFC

For the nth time, I have again forgone going for my training and it has been a month now!

In any case, I have spent a good deal of my weekend in bed - something I never thought would happen.

Last friday, I was running between two meetings and decided to eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken at Megamall with everything else I needed to do. First, I spilled my drink, which they never replaced when I thought it was store policy to do so since no one spills their drinks intentionally.

Secondly, and most importantly, after about 1 hour and 30 mins since I took my last bite (I didn't have any drinks since they didn't offer to give me one eventhough i had spilled my drink), my stomach started to get queazy. Thinking it was only hyperacidity, I bought Maalox and drank it. Luckily, I saw some friends and decided to go with them since I needed to get back to the office. Inside the cab, my stomach was really acting up. It felt like there's this acid knawing my insides in a tidal wave sort of pattern. By 5:00 pm, I could not move from my chair. I literally had to grip my table to hold myself against the pain. I asked our company nurse about it and she said that I ate something stale and I should rest and lie down and try to take some tea to cleanse it out of my system. Since I really couldn't hack it anymore, I called my mom. She redirected me to my aunt who works near my workplace. After some horrendous confusion (my mom made it sound like I was having appendicitis and my aunt was so worried about it), I went home with my aunt. I had an endless supply of tea and continued drinking. My cousin was so accommodating so as to let me take her bed while she slept in the other house (see, 4 of my aunts live in the same area - 3 of them living a stone's throw away from each other -with 2 houses being on beside the other and the 3rd house in front of them; the last house is about 5 meters or less from the other 3). My stomach would wake me up in the middle of the nigt coz it was really too painful. In any case, I could not eat anything. I was only drinking tea. Finally, I could get some bread in - a slice - by Saturday evening.

In any case, the headache i got plus the pain i experienced does not compare to anything KFC can ever give me. No I did not go to the hospital, but it's the only food I ate and so it's the only reasonable conclusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home