.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Thursday, September 18, 2003

Went Ahead and Called

After some time contemplating on whether I should go out at night because Globelines happen to not be able to activate the IDD at home, I a was able to call and inquire on the Geneva thing. As it happened, I was only able to talk to my mom's friend and not to the one working in UNCTAD. In any case, she did tell me she's going to call me back.

And so I boarded a jeepney late at night 9:45pm on my way home excited that the friend of mom will call back any minute.

...After 10 seconds of waiting. I looked back to see what was wrong. Seeing that there's none and that the driver was trying to move his jeepney, I tought it was just the fact that other jeepneys were trying to get people to ride them too, thus creating a traffic that shouldn't be there...
20 minutes, the jeepney was still where it was 10 minutes ago and on the verge of moving, but I had to sneak a peak behind it again to see what was wrong since there were no more jeepney. I saw people coming in to take their seat. fine...

1 minute, now what? the jeepney was still on the verge of moving. I was looking at the driver thinking there must be something wrong with his jeepney since it is not going anywhere, but let's give it more time...

5 minutes, why did I ever pay as soon as i rode the jeepney?

30 minutes, what the freak?!!!! What the hyeck is wrong now? He has been trying to move this jeepney from this sanme spot 30 minutes ago! !@#$#$%?!!

After 30 minutes of horerendous waiting wherein in there was apparently nothing wrong whatsoever in this god foresaken jeepney, it began to move. Less than 5 minutes later, I was home.

Dang all these jeepneys!!!! What the heck was the driver doing making it go a centimeter forward for 30 minutes?! If he had only turned off the engine to indicate that he is not moving from that god foresaken place until all 18 passenegrs are seated UNCOMFORTABLY behind him, then I would not have paid him right away in the first place and would have ridden the faster moving jeepneys around him!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home