.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Saturday, September 27, 2003

Of isaws and sisigs

Went to UP yesterday to help out my friends with their thesis... and ate isaw!!!!

First, we went to eat lunch and while alba wanted her taste of sisig (she seems to know the place better than i do - me, the one who is taking a class in UP!), there weren't any. And so, for the first time in my life, I tried on a BBQsilog!

I'm sure the Filipinos out there have an idea what I'm talking about. But first, let me tell you that I have only heard of tocilog (tocino, garlic rice and egg), tapsilog (beefjerky, garlic rice and egg), longsilog (longanisa, garlic rice and egg), I have never in my entire life heard of BBQsilog (pork kebabs, garlic rice, egg). BUt it was sure delicious!!!

and then i had to go to my taekwondo classes, which is why my body is in serious pain right now.

okay, I have never really gone through the isaw-phase present in every FIlipino's life. I have never been compelled to buy them stemming from my mom's warning on how unhealthy that type of food is. but then, once in a whiel when i go to my store, the building guard offers isaw. I have tasted chicken isaw form womewhere near my place and i did love it. still, i wasn't compelled to buy it every so often.

But last night... when we picked up our friend, we went on to grab some isaw!!!! we went to someplace called lang-Ilang bought our isaw and sorbetero ice cream to go!!!! Rememebr those sorbetero men ringing their bells wehen we were kids?! ahhh! It was well worth it. i loved my isaw and cie cream dinner, though i'm still craving for halo-halo. lol


Judging from its taste, i know that I like the taste of the chicken isaw place near my store.

aren't I the lucky one?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home