.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Friday, September 26, 2003

Unexpected Movies

I am a gypsie.

I swear I can seriously tell what's gonna happen in a film with the way things are going even before it happens. I think it's really just the cynic in me, the writer/director in me or else i have just been watching too much tv/movies that i know the basic plots tken from Sophocles and Eurepedes.

After 1 whole day of nearly not eating something coz I had to accompany my poor friend who nearly got taste of my wrath - ( hehehe ;) lol ) if i weren't thinking about how traumaic getting lost could be to one person - I had the chance to see a movie. Since Once Upon A Time in Mexico has already started, we decided, against our better judgment to go see Gigli (pronounced with a "j" at the beginning and the rest rhymes with "really").

I never thought that I would like it - mainly coz although I listen to J Lo's music sometimes when I need a break from my alternative, pop rock and classical taste, I was never really into J. Lo like any other girl could be - buying her cds and all that. Plus, I don't like Ben Affleck that much - not coz of anything, but I just feel like it's all Hollywood stuff and frankly, I only like watching actors and not really into them with the exception of Matt Damon, Tom Cruise, and Michael Weatherly of course :).

Anyway, I enjoyed Gigli it didn't pull the rug from right under you like I like my films to do. the ending was pretty perdictable. However there were some "spices" of the movie...

1. Like the deranged captive being able to rap. that was funny. Hats off.
2. J Lo's "friend" whose 2-7 minutes of "airtime" was well worth it. THAT was enjoyable. I have to say that the actress did well.
3. Pulling half the rug from under me. I had actually thought that J Lo's personality was a ploy. But then again, she never retracted her statement. That was not only shocking. It was unpredictable and refreshing.
4. Checking out the girl. Now this scene was definitely funny.
5. An eeewww moment. I hate blood.
6. The mom's thongs! that was eewww! disgusting and totally funny.
7. Baywatch Babe and Brian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home