.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

The Agent

I discovered a new author!!!!

seriously, I now know how editors, producers and agents feel!

I went to Megamall to have the jump rope I bought last Sunday changed since it had some threads and stuff showing up. I had wanted to do some exercises at home, but I’m not one to do aerobics. I’d much rather have a punching bag or kicking pad. And so, I thought about jump rope since it would be a cardio exercise, which will enhance my recent penchant for the gym and add smile on my doctor's face.

but I digress, so I went to Megamall and had the jump rope changed. At the same time, I started looking for handrops, which after a year has still not reached the Philippines (do you think Thailand is really THAT far? I mean, that's the reason I was given once again), and my Taekwondo shoes (you do not know how hard it is to look for a pair!)

In any case, I passed by my second home (nope, not alba’s flat) and went through my library. Lo and behold! National Bookstore actually had some seemingly great new books! I was hunting for new books and saw this new author, Arturo Perez-Reverte. What drew me was the chessboard on the cover page, but of course I knew it was a novel. And then I read the backpart of the book to know what it’s about. But I did not stop there, since they had an old dented copy of the book. And so, I went to power books, all the while thinking of my wallet, and went through the fiction section. i never realized that there were so many books until I started looking for this particular one! Then I found it! The exact book I was looking for - The Flanders Panel
The Flanders Panel by Arturo Perez-Reverte

Off hand, I think it’s one of those books I like – mystery, with enough politics and bad men trying to control the fate of the world or at least the fate of a few people in their hands. In any case, I have not yet read the book and I have just started on it, but I think I shall like it…

…despite the fact that it contributed to my state of bankruptcy these days.

oh and elase do not forget to continue praying for me and my Switzerland escapade!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home