.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I look down at the people and I think about how everybody's got problems. Maybe not a secret government agency on their ass, but, you know... problems. And if I sit up here long enough, I start to feel like I'm just one of those people... a regular girl. ." +++ DA

Saturday, October 25, 2003

to be

As we were cruising along manila – the real honest to goodness City of Manila (not Manila, the capital of my country), I discovered something with the help of alba. I have discovered that I AM.

Now those who remember their metaphysics of man would understand fully what I mean. Being, a philosophical term meaning “to be” is applicable in its fullest sense only to the Supreme Being. And yesterday, I finally realized that I AM. Being, with a capital “B”, certainly applies to me. I AM.

We were cruising along Manila because we were looking for Becky’s Kitchen whose melt-in-your-mouth ensaymada makes appetizer seem like the main course and the heavenly blueberry cheesecake and its lemon square crust was just to die for. You can really die savoring each and every mouthful of Becky’s goodies.

Since we were losthaving a hard time looking for it, I was asking alba to make a right turn here, go straight, turn left there… at first she would not believe me. However, eventually, after making several wrong turns, my word IS. Whatever it is that I say, she was doing. I commanded, and it happened. It feels amazing to be god for just those two hours of driving, reaching our destination and savoring the Becky’s Kitchen goodies.

with Becky’s Kitchen clutched in my hands and hers, I can now savor the feeling of I AM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home